This semester-long intensive course is aimed at organizations considering VA tools and technology to transition to a data-driven culture. It is intended for analysts/researchers making sense of data, as well as managers, and those making decisions based on collected insights.
- Cost: $1200
- Location: SFU Harbour Centre (515 W Hastings St. Vancouver, BC)
- Time: 18:00-21:00
- Difficulty level: Advanced
- Intended audience: Business Analysts, BI Managers/Directors, Engineers/Professionals, Academic Researchers
- Software: Tableau, Trifacta
- Assessment: Exam, capstone project
Topics covered in this course include...
- Introduction to Visual Analytics
- Analytic tasks and strategies
- Fundamentals of visual interaction
- Theoretical basis
- Dissemination and visual communication
- Data wrangling and reuse
- Reasoning and misdirection
- Data visualization tools, techniques and application
- Big data, data mining and predictive analytics
- Data governance
- Trust, provenance and justifiability
- Deployment: small to large scale
- What is the difference between this course and the Two-Day Course?
Take a look at our course comparison matrix to find out the features of each course (and the differences between them)!
- Who is the instructor for this course?
This course has two instructors:
Dr. Iain Begg has 25 years of experience developing and commercializing technologies. He has been involved in industry and academic VA research since 1990, and is currently a mentor-in-residence at SFU's Venture Connection Incubator program.
Jean-Sebastien Mercier has over 15 years as an IT professional with a focus on software development, data-mining, analysis, and start-ups. He provides a practical and applied perspective to VA.